Make dinner tonight, inspired!

Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? This is your place for quick and healthy meal inspirations. Here you'll find recipes for seasonally focused dinners, desserts, breakfasts, and everything in between.

My cooking focuses on the freshest ingredients prepared in a simple and careful way, to highlight their uniqueness. My own diet is primarily vegetarian, but does include sustainable fish and seafood, and is gluten free.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to sharing some of my favorite recipes with you!


16 November 2010

Cauliflower Gratin



I get that not everyone loves Cauliflower. In fact, truth be told, it's not my favorite vegetable either. However, this recipe is changing my mind and I hope it will change yours too. It's just plain yummy and so so simple.

I think this would make a lovely Thanksgiving side or a side for any other day of the year, for that matter. It sort of reminds me of a dish my mom used to make growing up, except that my mom made hers with broccoli. I didn't love broccoli and her casserole got me to eat it and eventually I liked it. Now I love it. I think my relationship with cauliflower might be headed for the same fate.

I hope you love this simple recipe and make it often!

Enjoy!!

Cauliflower Gratin:
Yields 4 serving

1 medium head of Cauliflower, core removed and cut into florets
1/4 cup cream
1 TB flour
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 TB g-free breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch red chile flakes
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper

1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the washed cauliflower florets along with the cream, flour, 2 TB parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and chile flakes in a small bowl. Toss gently to coat. Empty the contents into a 9"x 9" baking dish.

2) Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a knife. Sprinkle on the remaining parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs and return to the oven for about 10 minutes more, until the top is evenly browned.

3) Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment