Make dinner tonight, inspired!

Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? This is your place for quick and healthy meal inspirations. Here you'll find recipes for seasonally focused dinners, desserts, breakfasts, and everything in between.

My cooking focuses on the freshest ingredients prepared in a simple and careful way, to highlight their uniqueness. My own diet is primarily vegetarian, but does include sustainable fish and seafood, and is gluten free.

Thank you for reading. I look forward to sharing some of my favorite recipes with you!


21 November 2010

Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving is far and away my favorite holiday of the year since it's really ALL about the food! I love the idea of a big long table surrounded with friends and family, and filled to the brim with abundant platters of food. No gifts, no tree ....just the food.

People seem to be especially sentimental about Thanksgiving foods and are often hesitant to to try new things at this meal in particular. It's rather beside the point IF they actually like the jello mold, the marshmallow topped sweet potatoes or the green bean casserole with crispy canned onions. That's just what they've always eaten on Thanksgiving and it somehow doesn't seem right if they don't have those things.

I also have many favorites that I make year in and year out to celebrate this holiday but I always try to introduce one or two new dishes each year. It's a nice way to mix things up a bit without losing the essence of the traditional feast that we all love.

Below, I'm sharing links to some of my very favorite holiday recipes. Some are my own and many come from various other sources, all of which I've made and adapted over the years. I plan to make several of these dishes over the next couple of days. As I do, I'll update the blog to share any changes that I make to the recipes and photos of my finished dishes.

This should get you started though if you're planning on doing some early week shopping in preparation for the big day. I can personally attest that all these recipes are winners and time tested in my own kitchen. I hope you'll enjoy them as well!

Happy Thanksgiving from my table to yours!!



Main Course:
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Basil Bechamel (use g-free lasagna sheets):

Sides:
Vanilla Mashed Sweet Potatoes: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/000589.html
Mushroom & Walnut Stuffing (using g-free sandwich bread): http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/mushroom-and-walnut-stuffing
Roasted Dumpling Squash with Maple & Sage:


Desserts:






No comments:

Post a Comment